5 November 2012

DAY 8 - ST. JUDE NOVENA PRAYERS-FOR THE USA ELECTION:

Peace be with you!
 
As we come close to the end of this novena, I'd like to pray that the leaders selected at all levels of government will embrace the principles of Catholic social teaching.
 
That they may seek to balance solidarity and subsidiarity in order to advance the common good.
 
Also, let's keep praying for those affected by hurricane Sandy!
 
Here are the novena prayers for today:
 
DAY 8 - ST. JUDE NOVENA PRAYERS
 
O gracious Saint Jude, apostle of my Lord, pray that I may always be open to God's love and live according to His holy will. May I never fail to cooperate with the grace of God, especially when I am in such great need. St. Jude, please intercede with great intensity on my behalf for these intentions...
 
(State your intentions)
 
May I forever be deeply and truly thankful to God for the blessings I have received in the past. Help me to understand that I am totally dependent on God and His love and mercy. When I feel alone, as you surely did when you suffered a martyr's death, pray that I will take it as an opportunity to rely on God's grace and love.
 
ELECTION PRAYER
 
O St. Jude, please bring these election prayers to the throne of God:
 
I ask for the eyes to see others as sons and daughters of God.  I ask for help in forming my conscience according to the Gospel so that I may both vote and act for the common good. 
 
Give me the courage to stand up for the weakest members of society.  The poor, the weak, the unborn.  Give me the courage to re-examine my political loyalties and to be first a faithful follower of Jesus before I follow. 
 
Remind me that my only true hope is in Jesus and that political power can never replace the the will of God and the mission of the Church. 
 
For my own vote, help me to cast it in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. Help me to do it reverently and with a well formed conscience.
 
For these elections, Oh God, please bless us with the best leaders possible at all levels of government. 
 
My vote is a small but important part of my Christian life. Help me to both vote and live by the Gospel putting my trust in Jesus alone. 
 
Amen.
 
St. Jude, pray for me!
 
Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner!
 
Amen.
 
 
I've put together some election resources for you:
 
 
Thank you so much for praying with me!
 
God bless you!
   John-Paul - PrayMoreNovenas.com
 
P.S. Don't forget to take a few minutes to spread the word! 
 
 SHARE THIS NOVENA
 
 
 
 
If these novena emails have been helpful to you please make a small donation to keep this ministry running here.
 
604 E. Armory Ave., Champaign, IL 61820, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment