20 November 2012

Priest Where Is Thy Mass-Mass Where Is Thy Priest? -Or Is It The Case Of: Still I'll be the Vicar of Bray, sir!:

 
There has been much report in blog-sphere of late as regards to petitions for the reception of Holy Communion on the tongue and kneeling, celebrating Holy Mass
Ad Orientem etc! In this Year Of faith, which also is the 50th anniversary of The Second Vatican Council and especially after reading the above book Priest  Where Is Thy  Mass-Mass Where Is Thy Priest I have pondered awhile as to pose this question--Or could be that it is the case of: Still I'll be the Vicar of Bray, sir.?

This
Or This:

In this Diocesan area of Hexham  and Newcastle as no doubt within the other Dioceses of England and Wales there are some several Heterodox/Bi-Liturgical Priests who celebrate both forms of the Mass on a regular basis;here I am not going  into their personalties or  diocesan politics nor I am questioning their qualities or the personal holiness of these individual priests also!  However, I know from personal encounters and conversations with priests who are of a  liberal or modernist persuasion who will not touch  Catholic Tradition with a barge-pole;and most certainly will not  tolerate the Traditional Mass in their parishes-at least with these priests the Traditional Catholic (Forgive The Label) knows exactly where he or she stands-anathematised and ostracised or at very least looked upon as a head case from the august infallible  Parish Councils!
At last here is my point the Holy Father has liberated priests to celebrate The Traditional Rite of Mass according to the 1962 Missal without Let or Hindrance  from their Diocesan Ordinaries! The Pope has don his bit, we cannot wait on the majority of our Bishops to their bit for the restoration of Catholic Tradition and the Conversion of England and Wales (This one will take Divine Intervention)-it simply won't happen-apostasy etc. The Laity are dong their bit LMS/Catholic Blogers etc. The ball now is in the  hands of these Hetrodox /Bi-Liturgical Priests to do their bit also!  
Follow Our Forty Martyrs :
 
Here Is  An Open Appeal To ALL Heterodox/Bi-Liturgical Priests To Have The Courage To Stop Celebrating  The Novus Ordo /Ordinary Form Of  The Mass And To Celebrate Only the Extra-Ordinary Form Of The Mass-Traditional Rite Of The Holy Sacrifice Of  Holy Mass According To The !962 Missal Of Blessed Pope John XX111!
For To:
Combat Modernism.
Stop Liturgical Abuses.
Save the Church.
Have the Courage To Be Priests That You Are Ordain For.
Save souls.
For peace In our world
Follow The Example Of Pope St. Pope Pius X
 
The Vicar of Bray

In good King Charles' golden days, when loyalty no harm meant,
A zealous high churchman was I, and so I gained preferment.
     To teach my flock, I never missed
     Kings are by God appointed
And damned be he who dare resist or touch the Lord's annointed.

cho: And this be law, I shall maintain
     Until my dying day, sir
     That whatsoever king may reign,
     Still I'll be the Vicar of Bray, sir.

When royal James usurped the throne, and popery came in fashion,
The penal laws I hooted down, and read the Declaration.
     The Church of Rome, I found, did fit
     Full well my constitution
And I had been a Jesuit, but for the Revolution.

cho:

When William was our King declared, to ease the nation's grievance,
With this new wind about I steered, and swore to him allegiance.
     Old principles I did revoke
     Set conscience at a distance,
Passive obedience was a joke, a jest was non-resistance.

cho:

When Royal Anne became our queen, the Church of England's glory,
Another face of things was seen, and I became a Tory.
     Occasional conformists base
     I blamed their moderation;
And thought the Church in danger was from such prevarication.

cho:

When George in pudding time came o'er, and moderate men looked big, sir
My principles I changed once more, and I became a Whig, sir.
     And thus preferment I procured
     From our new Faith's Defender,
And almost every day abjured the Pope and the Pretender.

cho:

The illustrious house of Hanover and Protestant succession
To these I do allegiance swear --- while they can hold possession.
     For in my faith and loyalty
     I never more will falter,
And George my lawful king shall be --- until the times do alter.

cho: 
 
Our Lady Of Walsingham And St Peter Pray For Us 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment