17 December 2012

Afternoon Thoughts-It's time to light the fire!:

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
There is a tale told of that great English actor Macready. An eminent preacher once said to him: "I wish you would explain to me something."

"Well, what is it? I don't know that I can explain anything to a preacher."

"What is the reason for the difference between you and me? You are appearing before crowds night after night with fiction, and the crowds follow you wherever you go. I am preaching the essential and unchangeable truth, and I am not getting any crowd at all!"

Macready's answer was this: "This is quite simple. I can tell you the difference between us. I present my fiction as though it were truth; you present your truth as though it were fiction."

It is easy to know when something is aflame. It ignites other material. Can you imagine how quickly the truth of Jesus could spread, if we were only passionate about living it and sharing it?! We who know God need to be on fire, igniting the world around us! Let's give our inhibitions and fears to the Lord and ask Him to light the fire in our hearts for the lost! (George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah)

No comments:

Post a Comment