19 March 2014

Today, is the Feast Day of St. Joseph, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary and foster-father of Our Lord Jesus Christ

 
 ST. JOSEPH PRAY FOR US
COLLECT OF THE MASS:
Let us pray
[that the Church will continue
the saving work of Christ]
Father,
You entrusted our Savior to the care of St. Joseph,
By the help of his prayers
may the Church continue to serve its Lord,
Jesus Christ,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
 AN ANCIENT PRAYER TO ST. JOSEPH:
O ST. JOSEPH, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in thee all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph, assist me by thy powerful intercession and obtain for me all spiritual blessings through thy foster Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord, so that, having engaged here below thy heavenly power, I may offer thee my thanksgiving and homage.
O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee and Jesus asleep in thine arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.
St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment